You talked and we listened - New shipping + better service
Every year we try to tackle one big project that makes a huge improvement for our customers' experience. In the past we have expanded our selection, offered new products, increased their availability by getting them into Academy Sporting Goods, and made substantial quality improvements. This might be our most exciting move yet.
We listen to your feedback all the time, and there is one thing that pops up the most - when you order Brown Lures you want them faster and you want to be able to track your order. Thanks to some awesome IT work plus a great partnership we are now able to offer this. We spent the last 6 months developing this online fulfillment system that integrates with a well-respected fulfillment and logistics company here in Houston so our orders go out faster and everything is tracked live.
What does all of that mean for you?
- Faster Shipping - All orders go out in less than 2 business days (and usually within 24 hours) or we refund your shipping charges. We also have several pickups each day from UPS, FedEx and USPS so your order gets on the road even faster.
- Live Inventory - Everything is tracked and updated in real-time, so if an item is in your cart when you checkout that means it exists and is on the shelf ready to go. No oversold products + No delays.
- Order Tracking - When your order ships you will get an email from us with the carrier and tracking number so you can see exactly where it's at. You can also check on your order status at any time by logging into your account on our site.
- More (and cheaper) Shipping Options - Since this system is easier on us and the shipping carriers we get better rates and can offer more types of service over time.
- Next Day in Texas - Ordering lures in Texas on Monday? We'll have them shipped by Tuesday and you'll probably have them by Wednesday (or sooner) with our cheapest service option USPS Priority Mail.
Pretty cool, huh? If you have been hanging around here a while then you probably know we're pretty tech-savvy, especially for a fishing company. This allows us to compete with the big companies despite being a small local business, and is something that we're really proud of. Most of the really cool tech work goes on behind the scenes so we're excited to finally be able to use some of that skill in something that is directly visible to you.
If you have any questions about how all of this works, or anything else really, just leave a comment below.
Also don't forget to sign up for our email list if you haven't already. We have a new lure coming out in the next 48 hours and you don't want to miss it.